Crab…a marine crustacean of which worldwide 1.5 million metric tons are consumed annually.
Buckle…a common device which binds two ends of fabric or belt, often used to hold ones trousers up.
Shoot…in this context a competition of individuals striving to best one another with a shotgun, regardless of conditions.
Crab Buckle Shoot…the unlikely combination of these three which occurs every year at the prime time of the first month of the New Year at the Del Norte Rod and Gun Club, Smith River, CA. In case you didn’t recognize, the Del Norte Rod and Gun Club
Scores and results are posted. Results are final.
- A lone 50/50 in handicap earned 1/2 yard and a chunk of money.
- Over 59,150 targets were thrown including Sub-gauge.
- 45 clubs
- 450 shooters
February Multiplex runs February 2 -8, 2020. Check the online calendar for a club near you.
Check out the RESULTS page for December multiplex scores and lewis winners. All results are final. Checks for the Fall Season will be mailed next week so watch your mailbox and HELP US OUT….cash/deposit your winnings and any past checks immediately ~ thank you.
CONGRATULATIONS to the High Over All winners – you will receive a custom HOA Multiplex pin in about 6 weeks (custom production time).
- HOA – Jason Nelson (Newman)- 564
- AK – Mer’Chant Thompson (Juneau) – 530
- BC – Peter Ahrens (Nanaimo) – 543
- CA – Robert Anderson (Yreka) – 557
- CO – Trevor Vaughn (Pawnee) – 542
- HI – Jay Nakamura (Maui) – 525
- ID – Jim Cahoon (Pocatello) – 556
- NV – Rich Adams (Spring Creek) – 537
- OR- Dean Rask (Madras) – 549
- WA – TJ Main – 542
The RANDOM DRAW winners for the Fall 2019 season are David Lang, Billy Myers, Larry Reynolds, Jay Nakamura, John Helpman, Charles Rich and Justin Kittelson. Please email email@example.com to let us know your choice of prize – either a $25.00 Sportman’s Warehouse gift card or a $25 PITA gift certificate to be used for membership or at the next Multiplex event you attend. Prizes must be claimed by January 31, 2020.
Winter Multiplex starts in January – is your club listed on the online calendar? If not register by email today with firstname.lastname@example.org
The latest version of the PITA Rule Book is posted in the bottom right corner of this website. PITA welcomes two new members to the Central Handicap/Rules Committee, Bob White for BC and James Klingele for WA. Their contact information is on page 1 of the Rule Book. We thank Art Fenton for his many years in the WA position and everyone will miss Leo Pike from BC.
Scores and results are posted. Results are final Friday, November 15th at 10:00 a.m. PST.
- All 49’s in handicap earn 1/2 yard.
Congratulations All Stars!
The 2019 All Star Teams have been announced. Click here to see all the team members.
Did you know?
- Four All Stars shot over 10,000 targets each in 2019
- Twenty nine were standing at the 27 yard line at the end of 2019 – all of the men’s teams, two of the ladies, two of the elders, three of the seniors, four of the veterans and three of the juniors.
- Fifteen made the team for the 1st time!
- $3,200 in scholarships were awarded by PITA YES to the junior and sub-junior team members. If you would like to donate to this great program contact email@example.com.
- Youngest on team – 12 year old Cory Walker – oldest Bob Kennedy, 86 years young
11/4/19: There will be a celebration of Leo’s life Saturday, November 9, 2019 at the South Vancouver Island Rangers, 3498 Luxton Road, Victoria from 2:00-5:00 p.m.
11/1/19: It is with great sadness that we must announce the passing of long-time shooter and friend, Leo Pike. After a brave/tragic battle with cancer he passed away peacefully, surrounded by his family and a few friends on Tuesday, October 29, 2019.
Leo, Rules Committee person for British Columbia for over 37 years, will be inducted into the PITA Hall of Fame at the 2020 Grand Pacific in July.
We have just receive word from Livermore/Pleasanton Rod & Gun Club. They are still out of power and are not sure when the power will be turned on. The shoot for November 2, 2019 has been cancelled. The series awards will be held at their February 16, 2020 shoot. If you know of anyone that was planning to attend please let them know.
Thank you – Syd Myers, CSTA Secretary
Congratulations to all the winners – over 400 shooters participated at 49 clubs. Be sure to check the results page and verify your scores are posted correctly. Notify firstname.lastname@example.org of any errors prior to October 18th when they are final.
The 2019 teams will be announced by November 1st. Be sure to review your 2019 average card to assure your scores/averages are complete and accurate. If you find any errors/omissions notify us (email@example.com) before October 23rd.