Two major shoots are happened the week of June 17th – the Alaska State Shoot in Fairbanks and the Oregon State Shoot in Hillsboro. See the results as they are received on our RESULTS page. The Oregon State Shoot is also posted on shooterscoreboard.com .
Below are changes to the small yellow pocket schedule – please note:
- 8/17/19 – ADDED – Lake Co (CA) – marathon
- 9/28-29/2019 – CANCELLED due to lack of help running the shoot – El Dorado (CA)
- 10/6/2019 – ADDED – Kenmore (WA)
If your club wishes to add shoots/marathons contact your State or Provincial Secretary for approval.
Remember – due to the short target year all 2020 shoot applications are due by June 30 to be included in the printed pocket schedule. The new target year starts September 1, 2019. The 2020 shoot dates are now posted on the online calendar.
Congratulations to Jeff Stephens – the 1st winner in the free entry raffle. The 2nd winner was Mark Jobin.
The PITA is once again running a Free Entry raffle. The cost of each ticket is $5.00 and will cover the cost of targets & trophy’s (no options included) to all registered events at the 2019 PITA Grand Pacific Tournament. Raffle rules are as follows:
- Each $5.00 ticket is eligible for random drawing each time 220 tickets are reported sold. This means each ticket could be eligible for multiple drawings depending upon when it is purchased. The earlier a ticket is purchased, the more potential chances are to win!
- A winning, randomly drawn ticket will be removed from further random drawings. Purchasers of multiple tickets are eligible to win more than once with different tickets.
- Random drawing winners will be contacted by the PITA and will be posted on the shootpita.com website
- A random draw winner my transfer their prize in full by notifying the PITA in person or in writing to whom the prize has been transferred and by providing a contact number.
- Winning tickets are not redeemable in cash by the PITA
- Winners need not be present to win
So, support the PITA, support the Grand Pacific and enter for your chance to win free entry to the 2019 Grand Pacific Tournament. See you at the Grand.
Tickets are available for sale by contacting Kay Klundt at email@example.com or by phone 208-312-0314. All Executive Committee members also have tickets.
Want more information about our PITA State and Provincial Organizations? Click ‘Contact’ in the upper right corner of this page and then click State/Provincial Directors. Many have their own websites with lots of information.
Portland Gun Club:
The Douglas Ridge Rifle Club Youth shotgun team competed at the 2019 PITA Morlan Memorial Tournament at the Portland Gun Club on Saturday May 25. The DRRC team had 17 young athletes participating, seven of which were competing in their very first PITA tournament. Highlights for the team are: Wyatt Carey took first in D Class Singles; Tanner Marquardt won short yardage handicap and Henry Phipps won D class doubles.
Another high point of the day was sub-Junior Cohen Schleich breaking his first PITA 25/25 at his very first PITA tournament! The team got together with others at the tournament and shot Cohen’s hat in celebration of his feat. Nice shooting Cohen! Submitted by Dale Nelson
CA State Shoot – Coon Creek:
A celebration of life for Bob Hopkins will be held April 7th, 2019 at 1:00 pm at the Cowichan Valley Trap and Skeet Club. Please print this notice and post it on your bulletin board for any of your members that may wish to attend.
The club is situated just outside of Duncan, on Old Lake Cowichan Road, just before River Bottom Road on the right. Our address is 4505 Old Lake Cowichan Road.
Once again this year the PITA will be providing new wired BRB Voice Calls on every trap at the PITA Grand Pacific to be held at the Spokane Gun Club July 21-27, 2019. We will be offering these 20-sets (used for the Grand Pacific only) to gun clubs for $895.00 per set, first come-first served – so don’t wait to order! This is a great deal for essentially brand new BRB Voice Calls and they will sell fast. Contact Mike Riggs at firstname.lastname@example.org or John Adams at email@example.com to order. Payment will be required to confirm order.
Bulkley Valley Rod & Gun Club has added two marathons to the calendar: March 30 (up to 500 doubles) and April 27 (up to 500 handicap). If your club wishes to add shoots/marathons contact your State or Provincial Secretary for approval.
The results of the Winter Multiplex are posted on the Shoot Results page – check them out.
It’s not too early to register your club for the SUMMER season…email with your dates and start time.
(2/24/19) A High Over All shoot off was held Saturday, February 23 at Del Norte Gun Club and the Newman Swamp Rats to determine the HOA winner and the CA HOA winner.