The 2017 Grand Pacific tournament will be held at the Spokane Gun Club, July 23-29. An agreement was reached with Spokane Gun Club which will allow the Grand tournament to be presented at no entry fee increase from last year.
You can WIN FREE entry at the Grand Pacific – click HERE for all the details.
Update 4/4/17: We have surveyed the grounds and now have a plan for auxiliary generator RV spaces. These will have 30 amp power provided by a large Cummin’s generator and shared water. The spaces are available to those on the waiting list. You must make payment to Spokane Gun Club to confirm your space no later than April 30th. Print, sign and return this Spokane RV Parking Agreement with your check for $217.40 (includes 8.7% sales tax) or $200 if an Oregon or Montana resident (no sales tax required). To pay with your credit card phone Jacquie at 509-926-6505 during club hours. Your space assignments will be made upon arrival giving us every opportunity to place you with your friends. All RV spaces including permanent club spaces must be paid by April 30, 2017 or you will lose your spot. Full refunds will be made up to July 1 by contacting Spokane Gun Club.
If you requested a 20 amp gun club space they are available for $100/week plus tax of 8.7% (unless OR or MT). Contact Sue immediately for these spaces.
Not on the waiting list for the Grand? Call or email Sue for availability – email@example.com or 541-258-8766.
Update 2/14/17: Oxford Suites is offering special rates for the Grand Pacific. Click here to view their flyer.
The Hall of Fame committee is proud to announce the 2017 Hall of Fame inductees. They are Art Fenton, Tom Gray and Grant Lau. All of whom more than qualify based on the criteria – i.e. wins, targets and Allstar team placement. The inductees will be honored in a ceremony July 27th at the 2017 Grand Pacific tournament, Spokane Gun Club, Greenacres WA. Please join us to congratulation these deserving members of our association.
For more details contact any member of the PITA Hall of Fame committee.
2016 is the first year of a modified team selection and additional teams for seniors, elders and sub-juniors. Click here to see the new criteria and those who made the teams.
All-stars are recognized at their State/Provincial shoot and again during opening ceremonies at the Grand Pacific tournament. Be sure to congratulate them.
Junior and Sub-Junior All-Stars will receive Y-E-S scholarships as follows: Top Team – congratulations to Colton Vines – $500. Junior Captain – Andreas Borgensen – $500, remaining 4 on 1st team – $300 each: Garrett Grubbs, Josh Tiegs, Colten Imhoff, Dalton Land, 2nd place Junior team members – $100 each: Dino Manual, Alexa Paxson, Dylan Nelson, Ethan Alexander. Sub-junior Captain – Gage Wade-Huber – $500, remaining on Sub-junior team – $100 each: Joe Mundy, Michael Sargent, Cameron Phillips.
The schedule of events was set by the Executive Committee at their 11/29 meeting. Except for the move to Spokane Gun Club there are scarcely any changes from previous years.
The events are as follows:
- Sunday (9:00 start time) – July 23rd: Coon Creek Singles, Black Diamond Gun Club Handicap
- Monday (8:30 start) – July 24th: Dolphin Bank Trucking Doubles, Tilden Trophies Handicap
- Tuesday (8:30 start) – July 25th: 100 28 gauge singles-sponsors Briley, Browning, White Flyer & Shoot To Win Gear, West Coast Shot Singles, All American Restoration Handicap
- Wednesday (8:30 start) – July 26th: 50 pair 28 gauge doubles-sponsors Briley, Browning, White Flyer & Shoot To Win Gear, White Creek Gunstock Blanks Doubles, All American Armory Handicap, evening fun shoot
- Thursday (8:30 start) – July 27th: 1st 1/2 of Championship Singles-sponsored by RIO, TrapshootingUSA Handicap, Hall of Fame Ceremonies
- Friday (8:30 start) – July 28th: 100 singles (2nd 1/2 of Championships)-sponsored by NorthWest Shot and Ruger, White Flyer Handicap
- Saturday (8:30 start) – July 29th: 50 pair doubles (Championships)-Championship Doubles sponsored by PITA and its members, Championship Handicap-sponsored by Browning
High Over All will include all registered events except the 28 gauge – total of 1400 targets.
Opening Ceremonies will be Sunday, July 23rd at 8:00 a.m. We hope everyone will attend and congratulate the 2016 PITA Allstars.
You can download your 2017 membership card using the “Membership Average Card – Download It Now” icon on the right side. Enter your 5 digit PITA number and your date of birth in the format shown (YEAR-MM-DD – example: 1998-06-24 for June 24, 1998). If you have requested a wallet card be mailed ($5 charge) those will sent in the next few weeks. Please note: with the advent of computer cashiering the orange imprint card is gradually being phased out. If you have a need for one in your area simply request it using the ‘Contact Us’ link in the upper right corner.