The October Multiplex was hosted by 50 PITA clubs the first weekend of October.
Some of the highlights are:
- 56,400 12 ga. targets thrown, 3,400 sub-gauge targets – almost 60,000 total!
- 34 new members joined PITA – WELCOME
- There were 17 perfect scores in singles, 2 in handicap and 2 in doubles
- 68 sub-gauge shooters with a shooter using a .410 winning $68
Click HERE to see all the results and check your scores.
The Idaho State PITA recently submitted a proposal to the Executive Committee requesting that the PITA target year be changed to run from August 1st through July 31st of each year. Click HERE to read the proposal. The proposal would require a change to Section A of the PITA Rule Book. This section can be changed by the Executive Committee without a vote of the membership. However, since this is a change that can affect every member of our association, we want your comments.
This proposal stems from a desire to establish a permanent date for the Idaho PITA state shoot and a desire to enhance attendance at that shoot. Currently, State/Provincial shoots must occur between November 1st and mid July of each year in order to precede the Grand Pacific (to qualify individuals for the Rookie of the Year and Champion of Champions events). In an effort to establish an Idaho State Shoot during the months of August, September, or October, the Idaho PITA proposed a change to the current target year which is currently November 1st through October 31st.
The Executive Committee discussed this proposal at their recent meeting on October 4th and decided to turn the discussion over to PITA members for consideration. Executive Committee members will be reviewing feedback provided and considering the proposal again in later meetings.
Email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be accepting comments until October 31, 2017 and the committee will vote in early November.
The Ukiah Toys for Tots shoot scheduled for October 14-15 has been cancelled due to fires. They plan to reschedule so watch this website for details. Lake County Rod & Gun Club has scheduled a marathon for October 14th – if you need targets or clubs or just want to register some targets check out this event.
The PITA target year will end October 31st.
- Do you have enough targets/clubs for the Allstar Team? There are still a number of shoots you can attend – check the calendar.
- Do you have a check from PITA for Multiplex winnings or Grand Pacific winnings? We would appreciate you cashing/depositing it so our year-end books are current.
- Do you want to save your association a few dollars? Renew online before renewal notices are printed/mailed in mid-November.