PITA is excited to announce the 2019 Grand Pacific tournament will he held July 20-27 at Spokane Gun Club, WA – LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY!
VENDORS: We welcome all Vendors. The following have confirmed their attendance – be sure to visit them down the line. If you would like a vendor space just call Sue at 541-258-8766 or email email@example.com.
- 360 Degrees Apparel, All American Armory, Briley, Garmin, Hodgdon, Katheryn Shorts Custom Earplugs, McKnight’s Gunsmithing, R & K Shooting Supply, Shoot to Win Gear, White Flyer.
EXTRA EVENTS: Not a registered shooter? There are a number of other events happening during the week. Be sure to check them out.
- Basket Raffle – a great fund raiser for your club!
- Ladies Shoot (Monday, July 22nd) – never tried shooting trap? Now is your chance – lots of fun!
- Buddy Backer (Saturday, July 20th), Fun Shoots and Corn Hole Tournament (Tuesday, July 23rd), Wobbles Fun Shoot (Wednesday, July 24th), BT99 Miss/Out Shoot Off (Thursday, July 25th)
- Dinners (YES fund-raisers) – Spaghetti Feed (Tuesday, July 23rd starting at 5:00 p.m.), Mexican Fiesta (Friday, July 26th starting at 5:30 p.m.)
- Day to Day Happenings – click HERE
RV SPACES: (6/26/19): There are still 20 amp spaces available. If you would like to reserve just email or call Sue 541-258-8766. Remember if you can not attend you must notify us by July 1 to received a refund. After that date refunds will only be issued if the space can be re-rented. If you do not have a 30 amp space yet be sure to email/call and get on the waiting list. Last year we were able to place everyone on the waiting list.
PREPAY: After you presquad you can pay as well – Before July 15! This avoids squad and pay lines at the event. When you arrive just go to member services for classification and you are done! Download the pre-pay form 2019 Grand Pacific Pre-Pay Form (legal size paper if you want to print it), SAVE, open and fill it in. Call Kay with your credit card number – 208-312-0314 before Monday, July 15th. If you get a ‘Please Wait’ message when opening the form find the download arrow in the upper right corner of the black bar just below the address bar at the top of your screen (move your cursor toward the address bar and the black bar should appear), click the download arrow and save the form to your desktop and re-open there. Still having trouble – give Kay a call.
UNDERSTANDING OPTIONS: Ever wonder how all the ‘extras’ at the Grand work? Click HERE for a detailed explanation. Still have questions – just ask at Member Services.
SQUADDING: Presquadding is now open on presquad.com – Closes on July 15th.
PROGRAMS: (update 5/14/19): ATTENTION SHOOTERS: It was just discovered that some sections of the program printed out of order. Pages appear as follows 1-8, 25-40, 9-24, 41-72, 89-104, 73-88, 105-112. New programs are being printed and will be available soon. They will not be mailed but available at state shoots in June/July and at the event. The printing company acknowledges this was their error and have taken very reasonable steps to make adjustments. Click HERE for the event pages only or view the entire program by clicking on the program cover to the right.
Programs were mailed 4/24/19. If you do not receive one by mail be sure to pick one up at a club near you, from any Executive Committee member or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have one mailed to you.
GOLF CARTS: A limited number of golf carts are available to rent. Contact John Cushman to reserve 509-939-7830.
OXFORD SUITES offering special room rates. This newly remodeled hotel is once again offering special rates for shooters attending the Grand Pacific. There are a limited number of room with the special rates so reserve early. Mention the code PITA when reserving. Call 509-847-1000 today to reserve your room.
If your club is located in Alaska, Arizona, British Columbia, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon or Washington all you need to do is contact your State/Provincial Secretary to request shoot dates.
Not located in one of the above areas – click HERE for details on forming a State/Provincial Association or affiliating with one of the above.
For more information contact the PITA office: 208-312-0314, email@example.com
Below are changes to the small yellow pocket schedule – please note:
- 6/28/19 – CANCEL – Hermiston ODC (OR)
- 6/29-30/19 – CANCEL – Hermiston (OR)
- 6/29-30/2019 – ADDED – Fallon (NV) – HOF Shoot
- 9/28-29/2019 – CANCELLED due to lack of help running the shoot – El Dorado (CA)
- 10/6/2019 – ADDED – Kenmore (WA)
If your club wishes to add shoots/marathons contact your State or Provincial Secretary for approval.
Remember – due to the short target year all 2020 shoot applications are due by June 30 to be included in the printed pocket schedule. The new target year starts September 1, 2019.
Congratulations to Jeff Stephens – the 1st winner in the free entry raffle. Another winner will be selected when 440 total tickets are sold so get your tickets soon.
The PITA is once again running a Free Entry raffle. The cost of each ticket is $5.00 and will cover the cost of targets & trophy’s (no options included) to all registered events at the 2019 PITA Grand Pacific Tournament. Raffle rules are as follows:
- Each $5.00 ticket is eligible for random drawing each time 220 tickets are reported sold. This means each ticket could be eligible for multiple drawings depending upon when it is purchased. The earlier a ticket is purchased, the more potential chances are to win!
- A winning, randomly drawn ticket will be removed from further random drawings. Purchasers of multiple tickets are eligible to win more than once with different tickets.
- Random drawing winners will be contacted by the PITA and will be posted on the shootpita.com website
- A random draw winner my transfer their prize in full by notifying the PITA in person or in writing to whom the prize has been transferred and by providing a contact number.
- Winning tickets are not redeemable in cash by the PITA
- Winners need not be present to win
So, support the PITA, support the Grand Pacific and enter for your chance to win free entry to the 2019 Grand Pacific Tournament. See you at the Grand.
Tickets are available for sale by contacting Kay Klundt at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 208-312-0314. All Executive Committee members also have tickets.
Our recent bank reconciliation shows the PITA has a number checks issued to shooters that were neither cashed or deposited – UPDATED 5/10/19. If you have such a check please cash or deposit it. If your name appears on this list (click here) please call Kay at 208-312-0314 today. Thanks for your help with this matter.
Is your club registered? Contact email@example.com or call 541-258-8766 to register your club. Click HERE for the details. June SPECIAL!! Shooters new to PITA can join PITA free at the June Multiplex event ONLY. Continue reading
Attention shooters, Effective January 1, 2019, Oregon State Trapshooting Association target fees will go up to 2 cents per target.
All clubs should have received their new target forms by now. If you still need them, please contact Jennifer Carter or Mike Riggs.
This target increase will directly benefit the Oregon State Shoot as our trophy budget has not been increased in over 15 years.
This increase will also put our target fees in line with those of the other PITA states and provinces.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any OSTA board member or Secretary, Jennifer Carter.
Happy New Year and Good Shooting!
PITA wishes to congratulation the members of the 2018 PITA All Star teams. Teams include eighteen first time All Stars along with a 47 time member (* denotes 1st time member). These teams will be honored during opening ceremonies at the 2019 Grand Pacific. We hope you can attend.
More information and photos can be found in the 2018 PITA Averages & History Book – click here to order.
Order your 2018 PITA Yearbook before 12/31/18 and SAVE! After the book is shipped from the printer the cost of postage goes up so save a few bucks and order now. This 200+ page book contains results from 2018 along with photos and other fun facts. Click HERE to order.