Day one of the Hawaii State shoot is history. Click here to see results. This links to a scores website that Kay is posting to each night. Congratulations Spud – 100 in singles! Only a few of these have been shot at Big Island Trap Club. Boone Heinz and Dave Kelly tied in the handicap event. More to come….
Congratulations to our HOA winners for the winter season:
- HOA – Cody Van Patten (NV)
- British Columbia: Peter Ahrens
- California: Mac Robertson
- Colorado: Trevor Vaughn
- Hawaii: Mark Hironaga
- Idaho: Jeff Scott
- Nevada: Todd Delong
- Oregon: Ryan Kramer
- Washington: Jeff Mitchell
The random draw winners below will receive a special item from our sponsor – White Flyer
- Paul Moore (WA)
- Mike Rosachi (NV)
- Rich Adams (NV)
- Dan Miller (WA)
- Joe Stuart (OR)
- Robert Miller (WA)
- Mike Seeber (CA)
Results are posted and final. Scores of 49/50 in the handicap earned 1/2 yard so be sure you stand at the correct place at your next event.
Highlights of the February event:
- Weather played a big factor this month as you can see from the photos above.
- 64,700 targets shot at 47 clubs (does not include the Sub-Gauge events)
- 496 shooters – over $10,000 in payouts!
- 22 perfect scores in singles, none in handicap or doubles
- 49’s earned 1/2 yard in handicap – Congratulations! (be sure your average card is punched)
- 2,550 sub-gauge targets shot at 4 OR clubs, 3 ID clubs, 3 WA clubs, 4 CA clubs, 1 CO club, 1 NV club and 1 BC club – 51 shooters
- Livermore in CA registered the most target – 3,700
- Clubs with the most targets in each State/Province are (excludes Sub-Gauge):
- AK – too cold for machines to operate let alone shooters
- AZ (1 club) – Yuma (1200)
- BC (4 clubs) – Nanaimo (2,100)
- CA (10 clubs) – Livermore (3,700)
- CO (1 clubs) – Pawnee (2,550)
- HI (2 clubs) – Big Island Trap Club (option at regular shoot) (1,900)
- ID (5 clubs) – Caldwell (1,950)
- NV (7 clubs) – TIE: Mason Valley & Winnemucca (2,300)
- OR (9 clubs) – Hillsboro (2,750)
- WA (8 clubs ) – Yakima – (2,050)
This was the last shoot of the winter season – checks for Jan/Feb will be mailed by the end of the month. Summer Multiplex begins mid-week as not to interfere with weekend shoots: June 4-8, July 2-6, August 6-10 – register your club soon!
The Oxford Suites is once again offering discount rates for a limited number of rooms for the Grand Pacific. Click HERE for details. Given high rating by those who stayed there last year – book now.
REFERENCE: Change to Rule Book Section A, page 5. Information: Aid to State/Provincial Associations.
A review of the PITA budget during a scheduled meeting of the Executive Committee on December 20, 2017 found that an increase in daily fees and membership fees was necessary in order to cover the ongoing costs of operation for the PITA. As such, by unanimous vote, the daily fee charged to participants of a registered competition was increased from three dollars ($3.00) to the sum of four ($4.00) dollars per day, effective March 1, 2018. In addition, the Executive committee, also by unanimous vote, increased the annual memberships fee from twenty dollars ($20) to twenty-five dollars ($25), life memberships will also increase from four hundred ($400) to six hundred ($600) as of March 1, 2018.
These fees have been unchanged for the last seven years and it is the hope of the PITA Executive Committee that this change will cover our day-to-day operations for many years to come.
Please make your club/members aware of these changes. New reporting forms will be posted on the forms page March 1st.
Kay Reynolds, Executive Secretary