Ukiah Gun Club hosted the 1st of the 4 Toys for Tots PITA shoots October 15-16. Despite mother nature over 20 shooters came out for the event. 74 toys and $520 will go to the toys program in the Ukiah area. Unique Toys for Tots belt buckles are awarded to the winners of these events. Plan to attend the three remaining events that benefit a great cause.
- Eel River (includes the Series Awards presentation) – November 5 & 6
- Redding – November 19 & 20
- Coon Creek – November 26 & 27
The October Multiplex drew over 420 shooters at 45 different gun clubs. Congratulations to Kyle Seever (CA) – HOA – 147/150 and to Daryl Kindvall (CO) who shot a 50/50 in handicap to win a bunch of Christmas shopping money and a hole in his PITA card! See all the results (click here). PITA welcomes the 28 new members who took advantage of FREE membership at the event. The November Multiplex will also offer free membership to first time members so bring a friend and to the event and get them started in registered shooting.
Scores are final Saturday at 10:00 a.m. PST so take a look and let me know if see any errors.
Clubs – remember to send a copy of your reports and check to Michelle at the new PITA address: PO Box 1029, Orting, WA 98360. Your State/Provincial fees should now be sent directly to your State/Provincial Secretary/Treasurer. The Lebanon, OR post office box will be closing soon. I will continue as the Multiplex cashier so please email all reports and questions/corrections to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks everyone for participating – see you in November!!
Sue Brewer, PITA Assistant and Multiplex Cashier
There are still a few shoots in the 2015-16 target year so if you need some targets or want to better your chances for the Allstar team or just want some good food and maybe some extra money in your pocket consider these remaining shoots:
- Oct 22-23: South Vancouver Island Rangers – Fall Open
- Oct 23: Livermore-Pleasanton Rod & Gun Club
- Oct 29-30: Medford Gun Club – Halloween Shoot – LAST SHOOT OF THE TARGET YEAR!
The online calendar is now showing all of the 2017 shoot dates – check it out!
SUPPORT YOUR CLUBS AND ENJOY SOME WONDERFUL COMPANY
The 2016 Grand Pacific results are finally available. Many think in our digital world this should be automatic so I must take a minute to explain that the winners are computed manually and shoot off results are recorded as they become available; complied by volunteers, many of whom are performing multiple tasks. The internet service at Evergreen Sportsmen’s Club is poor which hampers our efforts to post results in a timely manner. These are excuses I know. In my half time position with PITA I am responsible for the website. This is my explanation for the delay, please accept my apologies. If you find any errors or would like additional information, send me an email (email@example.com) Now on with the show….
Additional winners include:
- Buddy Backer winners – Nate Teesdale and Josh Tiegs 60/60
- Champions of Champions: Jim Warn Lady: Kate Bonn
- Rookie of the Year – Jake DiMaggio with a scores of 276/300.
- Husband & Wife Team – Esther & Jimmie Puckett 565/600
- Two in a Family – Chance & Colton Vines 577/600
- Non winning ladies shoot off – Karen Blaetler
- Event #7 – BT99 winner – William Benson
- Sub-Gauge random draw Browning 20 gauge Citori winner – Myron Sawicki
- RCBS reloading press winner – Michael Sargent
- Event #17 – Citori 725 winner – Bill Scharnhorst
- Event #17 – BT99 winner
- Grand 7 – BT99 winner: Geoff Fern, 250# Northwest shot winner: Jon Thompson, $100 Connie’s certificate: Gary Bonetti