Please note – due to a club scheduling conflict the Canby shoot for May 4-6 has been cancelled and re-scheduled for October 20-21, 2018.
The PITA shoot scheduled for April 27-28 at Machias has been cancelled.
Yearbooks will be mailed May 13th – we apologize for the delay.
Are there more opportunities to register targets now than 20 years ago? You decided….
|Number of scheduled shoots (Multiplex counted as one)|
|Number of shooting days (Multiplex counted as one)|
|INFORMATION COMPILED FROM SHOOT SCHEDULES POSTED IN THE AVERAGE/HISTORY BOOKS|
Find this and other interesting trivia in the 2017 Average & History Book – now at the printer. It is not too late to order a book – click HERE.
Congratulations to this squad. First 125 Club squad in 2018 – Big Island Trap Club – Hawaii State Shoot.
Fred Hoven (WA), Dave Kelly (CA), Tommy Kushima (HI), Mark Hironaga (HI), Grant Lau.
To see all the 125 squads, click HERE.
Notice: Effective March 1 the PITA daily fee will be $4.00 and annual membership fees increase to $25. New forms are available on the forms page.
Day one of the Hawaii State shoot is history. Click here to see results. This links to a scores website that Kay is posting to each night. Congratulations Spud – 100 in singles! Only a few of these have been shot at Big Island Trap Club. Boone Heinz and Dave Kelly tied in the handicap event. Saturday concluded with Dave Kelly having the high score in doubles – 99. Hawaiian shooters Earl Higa and Sidney Akiona topped the leader board in handicap with 94’s.
- Championship Singles: HI Champion-Nicholas Corbat-199, Non Resident: Bob McLendon (WA)-199
- Championship Doubles: Champion: Dave Kelly (CA)-98, HI Champion-Nicolas Corbat-90
- Championship Handicap: Champion: Trevor Herb (OR)-94, HI Champion-Emiliano Achaval-93
- High All Around: Trevor Herb/Bob McLendon (tie)-383, HI Champion-Nicholas Corbat-378
- High Over All: Dave Kelly (CA)-763, HI Champions-Nicholas Corbat-735
Congratulations to our HOA winners for the winter season:
- HOA – Cody Van Patten (NV) – 709
- British Columbia: Peter Ahrens – 671
- California: Mac Robertson – 691
- Colorado: Trevor Vaughn – 690
- Hawaii: Mark Hironaga – 653
- Idaho: Jeff Scott – 656
- Nevada: Todd Delong – 684
- Oregon: Ryan Kramer – 688
- Washington: Jeff Mitchell – 680
The random draw winners below will receive a special item from our sponsor – White Flyer
- Paul Moore (WA)
- Mike Rosachi (NV)
- Rich Adams (NV)
- Dan Miller (WA)
- Joe Stuart (OR)
- Robert Miller (WA)
- Mike Seeber (CA)
Results are posted and final. Scores of 49/50 in the handicap earned 1/2 yard so be sure you stand at the correct place at your next event.
Highlights of the February event:
- Weather played a big factor this month as you can see from the photos above.
- 64,700 targets shot at 47 clubs (does not include the Sub-Gauge events)
- 496 shooters – over $10,000 in payouts!
- 22 perfect scores in singles, none in handicap or doubles
- 49’s earned 1/2 yard in handicap – Congratulations! (be sure your average card is punched)
- 2,550 sub-gauge targets shot at 4 OR clubs, 3 ID clubs, 3 WA clubs, 4 CA clubs, 1 CO club, 1 NV club and 1 BC club – 51 shooters
- Livermore in CA registered the most target – 3,700
- Clubs with the most targets in each State/Province are (excludes Sub-Gauge):
- AK – too cold for machines to operate let alone shooters
- AZ (1 club) – Yuma (1200)
- BC (4 clubs) – Nanaimo (2,100)
- CA (10 clubs) – Livermore (3,700)
- CO (1 clubs) – Pawnee (2,550)
- HI (2 clubs) – Big Island Trap Club (option at regular shoot) (1,900)
- ID (5 clubs) – Caldwell (1,950)
- NV (7 clubs) – TIE: Mason Valley & Winnemucca (2,300)
- OR (9 clubs) – Hillsboro (2,750)
- WA (8 clubs ) – Yakima – (2,050)
This was the last shoot of the winter season – checks for Jan/Feb will be mailed by the end of the month. Summer Multiplex begins mid-week as not to interfere with weekend shoots: June 4-8, July 2-6, August 6-10 – register your club soon!
The Oxford Suites is once again offering discount rates for a limited number of rooms for the Grand Pacific. Click HERE for details. Given high rating by those who stayed there last year – book now.